Frances Jane "Fanny" Crosby was born on March 24, 1820, in Putnam County, New York. Having lost her eyesight at the age of six weeks, Fanny grew up learning from her grandmother about nature, animals, and the Bible. By 1835, when Fanny was 15, her mother had saved enough money to send her to the New York Institute for the Blind (now the New York Institute for Special Education.) While at the institute, her gift of poetry quickly garnered the attention of the outside world. Upon graduation, Fanny began teaching at the NYIB and did so until 1858.
She wrote her first hymn at age 45 and gained worldwide fame through the distribution of her hymns, poems, books, and secular songs. Having penned over 8,000 hymns and despite her renowned successes, Fanny described herself as a city mission worker. She devoted much of her life to the homeless shelters in New York City and had a long-term affiliation with the YMCA and The Bowery Mission, where she served more than two decades.
Fanny Crosby passed away on February 12, 1915, just six weeks shy of her 95th birthday. The legacy of Fanny Crosby lives today through her hymns including "Blessed Assurance," Tell Me the Story of Jesus," "Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior, " "Rescue the Perishing," "I Am Thine, O Lord," and many, many more.
Several of her unpublished writings were discovered in recent years. Through a collaboration of today's finest songwriters, 21 songs were completed and are a part of this project. The Erwins were chosen to sing a new song called "Calmly Resting in the Lord," that is featured on this cd, along with songs from other groups like Ernie Haase and Signature Sound, Legacy Five, Triumphant Quartet, The Booth Brothers, The Collingsworth Family, and many others. The cd was officially released on March 23, 2018. Be sure to look for it in our online store! We hope you enjoy!
FANNY CROSBY Newly Discovered Hymns & Songs
1. Shout Hosanna (Ernie Haase and Signature Sound)
2. I Know The Sweet Voice Of The Shepherd (Lagacy Five)
3. Beside The Cross (Sally Berry, Lizzy Long, Rhonda Vincent)
4. God Of This Moment And God Evermore (Charles Billingsley with Sisters)
5. Hold Me Up (Jason Crabb with Amber Nelon Thompson and Darla McFadden)
6. The Isles Of The Deep (Triumphant)
7. Calmly Resting In The Lord (The Erwins)
8. Be Still (The Whisnants)
9. Not In My Strenght (The Booth Brothers)
10. I Know That Jesus Loves Me (The Collingsworth Family)
11. Jesus (Jim Brady Trio)
12. In Another Hour Of Song (The Perrys)
13. My Soul Shall Trust IN Thee (The Guardians)
14. His Love Will Shelter Me (Tim Lovelace with Jeff & Sheri Easter and Morgan Easter Smith)
15. A Crown Of Life (The Mylon Hayes Family)